The Home Shopping Process
The agents at COR Residential want to make the home shopping process pleasant and rewarding for you.
We do that in a number of ways.
Your COR agent will regularly recommend properties for viewing that closely match your needs and wants, and are within your price range. That spares you the frustration of visiting homes that aren’t suitable.
We make sure you don’t miss opportunities. When a desirable property suddenly comes on the market or reduces their price, you’re alerted.
We schedule viewings that fit your schedule, so there’s little if any inconvenience for you.
When you find a property you like, your COR agent will give you an honest, professional recommendation as to how well the home meets your needs and wants. Your COR agent will help you analyze the comparable sales in the neighborhood to make sure the home is priced appropriately.
We are committed to getting you into the right home, and will be with you every step of the way.
What to Look for when Viewing a Property
Here are a few questions and ideas to consider when viewing homes to help make the process easier and more productive:
- Does the home have your “needs” (those features you must have) and some of your “wants” (those features you’d like to have but would be willing to forgo)?
- What is the general condition of the home? (Are there signs that the owners have kept up with repairs and maintenance?)
- Will the home need any major repairs, remodeling or renovations? Is there anything, such as the furnace, roof, or water heater that may need to be replaced soon?
- Is there anything about the home you don’t like? Can that be easily changed with a remodeling or renovation now or in the future? Will those changes add value to the home?
- Take a walk around the neighborhood. Are the homes well-kept, indicating pride of ownership? Be sure to visit at various times throughout the day and evening.
- Do you like where the home is situated in the neighborhood?
- Is there anything you do not like about the home that can not be changed, such as the location or lot size? Don’t allow yourself to make an emotional purchase because you love one feature of the home that causes you to overlook a negative feature that you may regret later.
- If you had to sell this home, are there any features that you think may make it difficult for you to sell to the average buyer? Is it on a busy street or in an undesirable school district, etc? Your COR agent will help you consider whether or not the home is a wise investment.
Viewing properties should never be a frustrating ordeal. It’s our job to help make the process easy and productive for you, so you can find the home you want.
Ready to get started? Call or email and let us know more about the kind of home you’re looking for. Or, submit the form below and we’ll get back to you.
[gravityform id=”1″ title=”false” description=”false”]