Ensuring the Closing Goes Smoothly
There are few things we enjoy more than saying to a client, “You’ve got the home!” That means that the seller has accepted your offer, conditions have been met, the closing date has been set, and you’ll soon be preparing for moving day.
However, there are many things that must take place after the offer is accepted to ensure a smooth closing. Here are just a few things your COR agent will take care of on your behalf:
1. The executed contract will be submitted to the lender and real estate attorney.
2. Your COR agent will collect your Earnest Money and provide proof of payment to the seller or their agent.
3. If you do not have an insurance agent, we can recommend one so that they can work up a quote and submit the policy information to your lender.
4. If your contract has a “due diligence” period, you will want to schedule your home inspection right away. Your COR agent can recommend reputable home inspectors and coordinate a time for the inspection with the sellers.
5. If the inspector finds issues with the property that you would like the seller to address, your COR agent will negotiate those repairs on your behalf.
6. If you are not satisfied with the condition of the home after inspection, your COR agent will terminate the contract during your due diligence period and ensure your Earnest Money is refunded to you.
7. Assuming all goes well with the inspection, the next step is ordering an appraisal. Your COR agent will work closely with your lender to make sure the appraisal is ordered within a timely manner.
8. If the appraisal comes back with a value that is less than purchase price, your COR agent will help you to navigate through your options, which may include re-negotiating the purchase price or terminating the contract before the appraisal contingency expires so that you do not lose your Earnest Money.
9. Your COR agent will be in constant communication with your lender to ensure that you meet the deadlines for financing approval as agreed upon in the contract. Your COR agent will work to protect your Earnest Money should any problems with your financing arise.
10. Your COR agent will schedule a final walk-through on the property to make sure repairs have been completed and that the home has been left in the condition agreed upon in the contract.
11. Your COR agent wills schedule closing and ensure the attorney and lender have all the paperwork they need.
Just because the purchase has been made doesn’t mean our work for you stops. On the contrary.
If at any time leading up to moving day you have a question, problem or concern, we are there to help. You can count on your COR agent before, during and after you cross the threshold into your beautiful new home.
If you have questions about the home buying process, please feel free to call or email or submit the form below.
[gravityform id=”1″ title=”false” description=”false”]